Imagine a North Bay that lives harmoniously with fire and understands its critical role in tending our cherished and beautiful open spaces.
Fire Forward, a program of Audubon Canyon Ranch, brings a unique blend of science-based program design and community organizing to our region as it seeks to become a model of fire-adapted communities tending fire-adapted landscapes.
We are building ecosystem resilience together:
- Strengthening partnerships intent on using good fire.
- TALKS & WORKSHOPS: Join the Good Fire Alliance community network to stay informed about opportunities to attend trainings, workshops, and cooperatively prescribed burns.
- Providing training and sharing equipment.
- TRAINING & EQUIPMENT: Our Basic Wildland Firefighter training is designed to build a local team of prescribed fire participants. Our mobile unit of prescribed fire and understory thinning tools is available as a shared resource across the region.
- Working with partners to implement ecologically sound ﬁre and fuels treatments on ACR preserves and partners’ lands.
- TREATMENTS & FOLLOW-UP: We partner with agencies, subject-matter experts, organizations, landowners, and diverse community stakeholders—people like you!—to get good fire on the ground.
If you’re interested in whether a prescribed burn is right for your property, please complete our initial survey to schedule a site visit.
DOWNLOAD THE FLYER (pdf)
Fire Forward is funded by donations and grants from generous individuals, businesses and foundations, as well as by landowners who share the costs of prescribed fire on their land. Our commitment to community means we never turn away someone due to lack of funds; we are happy to discuss a sliding scale or fee waiver.